Re: gEDA-user: pcb component layers

On Monday 03 November 2008, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> If you really must have this feature, have you considered
> paying somebody (either one of the PCB developers or an
> independent consultant) to generate a patch to add this
> functionality to your copy of PCB?  I would expect that you
> will probably have to pay an industry standard consulting
> rates to get something non-trivial like this developed

I think it would cost a lot less than industry standard
consulting rates.  There is also the possibility of a group
buy ..   several users get together to pay for it.

The Free/open-source software culture is a lot like community
radio.  Both would benefit by teaming up, working together, and
taking ideas from each other.

The relevance here ....  Community radio is mostly funded by
listener pledges.  Maybe we can do something like that here.

Wouldn't it be great if there was enough support that the key
developers could do it full time?