Re: gEDA-user: pcb component layers

[snip]
>> At this point, very, including a file format change.  I've been hoping
>> to get to this problem for a while now, but other projects have kept
>> me too busy to do much pcb work.
>
> Who are the other active pcb developers, and would anyone be
> interested in starting a discussion around what would be needed?

If you really must have this feature, have you considered paying
somebody (either one of the PCB developers or an independent
consultant) to generate a patch to add this functionality to your copy
of PCB?  I would expect that you will probably have to pay an industry
standard consulting rates to get something non-trivial like this
developed (integration into PCB mainline is probably more complicated
since the PCB developers would have to agree with all the changes).

And before we all go into flame mode, please read:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq#tool_xxx_is_missing_critical_feature_yyy_what_can_i_do

As an aside, I haven't heard of anybody going the path suggested in
the third bullet for their favorite "must have" feature(s).

-Ales

PS. I certainly do not speak for any of the PCB developers.

--
Ales Hvezda
ahvezda @ seul.org