Re: gEDA-user: GerberViewr gerbv

[snip]
> P.S.: What I wrote in the previous post applies even more if you are
> asked to check someone else's layout. Often all you can use is the
> Gerber file set because that person has used a CAD program you do not
> have at your disposal.

And just to be fair, I'll ask the same question I just asked in a
different thread:

If you really must have this feature, have you considered paying
somebody (either one of the gerbv developers or an independent
consultant) to generate a patch to add this functionality to your copy
of gerbv?  I would expect that you will probably have to pay an
industry standard consulting rate to get something non-trivial like
this developed (integration into gerbv mainline is probably more
complicated since the gerbv developers would have to agree with all
the changes).

And before we all go into flame mode, please read:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq#tool_xxx_is_missing_critical_feature_yyy_what_can_i_do

Okay, I'm done pointing out the obvious (today),

-Ales

PS. I don't speak for the gerbv developers either. :-)

--
Ales Hvezda
ahvezda @ seul.org