Re: gEDA-user: DIY thermographic camera?

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 10:01:37 am Randall Nortman wrote:
> Thermographic (IR) imaging cameras, such as you might use for an
> energy audit on your home, are $5k+.  Could one get reasonably useful
> results from a hacked camcorder or digital camera with appropriate
> filters?  Absolute accuracy would not matter, but I'd want it to be
> able to resolve relative temperature differences pretty well over a
> range of, say, 0C - 50C.

Would this get you what you need?:

http://www.melexis.com/Sensor_ICs_Infrared_and_Optical/Infrared/MLX90614_615.aspx

have a couple of samples of them laying here but have not done anything with
them yet.

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/