Re: gEDA-user: DIY thermographic camera?

I second that thought. Except "Sensitivity of silicon is fairly low for
UV light" should be "Sensitivity of silicon is fairly low for IR
(infrared) light"

There are some IR sensors that work at 3-5 micrometer wavelengths, but
they are really more sensitive to things at hotter temperatures. The
best ones for objects at around room temperature are in the 8-12
micrometer band. I have seen both side by side at demonstrations for the
military (German Army), and 8-12 is better for looking at a field for
people and vehicles. Unfortunately 8-12 systems is are more expensive
than 3-5 systems, which are more expensive than light or near infrared
you get from a camcorder. Expect to spend around 7-10 K$ for a little
8-12 camera.

--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."