gEDA-user: Contradictory information in documentation

Hi there,

I've finished my first gEDA schematic and I'm about to go to pcb. I
noticed in the geda:gsch2pcb_readme here:

says:

     *  Make the initial "Description" field of these elements the same as
the file name because gsch2pcb depends on this name (which is the
gschem footprint value) to know when footprints/elements are changed.

and Stuart's "Footprint Creation" pdf says about the description field:

"This field is filled out by gsch2pcb or PCB itself. Leave an empty string
(??) when you create
the footprint file."

So which should I be doing? Filling it in or leaving it empty?

Cheers
Gareth

PS I've got some ideas about how gattrib could be improved but I'd quite
like to have a go at implementing it myself. Should I open a tracker item
anyway for visibility or just go ahead and start implementing?