Re: gEDA-user: [OT] MIT Museum

> Of course I laughed when I saw the IBM card keypunch machine.  I am
> certainly not the only person on this list who used one of those
> things in the distant past.
>
> I now await the long thread of people reminiscing about the time they
> dropped their deck of cards, scattering them all over the place, and
> totally messing up the Fortran program they needed to graduate.

I got the pleasure of doing some fortran in my freshman year, using
punch cards.  Although I don't remember dropping them (but I probably
did) I do remember pounding away on those machines, then submitting the
job for a batch run - only to come back later and find it didn't run
because a card was out of sequence.  Ugh.  It usually happened when I
procrastinated until the last minute, then hoped it would run in time
for class - which it never did :)