Re: gEDA-user: [OT] MIT Museum

> The pictures I took at the MIT museum today are at
> http://tinyurl.com/5eytyy

Of course I laughed when I saw the IBM card keypunch machine.  I am
certainly not the only person on this list who used one of those
things in the distant past.

I now await the long thread of people reminiscing about the time they
dropped their deck of cards, scattering them all over the place, and
totally messing up the Fortran program they needed to graduate.

I did wonder what type of robot research was involved in creating this
mechanical head:

http://www.luciani.org/photos/pic1/2008-11-09-MIT-museum/IMG_1742.JPG

Do you recall what this was about?

Also, if you were at the MIT museum, you had the chance to go next
door to see the Tech Model Railroad club:

http://tmrc.mit.edu/

The museum an the TMRC are located in the same building; if you go in
the side door to the museum and go right instead of left, then you're
in a hallway leading to the trains.  TMRC doesn't advertise, and aren't
a public institution like the MIT Museum, but they don't mind if you
come in an look while the trains are running.  Since your youngest son
was evidently with you, he might be interested in seeing the trains if
you go to the museum again.   ;-)

Stuart