Re: gEDA-user: Convert lib from KiCAD

   KiCAD has a bug I don't like. When you connect one component ground
   pin to ground plan through via, the rat line does not disappear and
   still there. That make me feel bad about this software. FreePCB does
   not have such a problem and also has a nice footprint generating
   wizard.
   Ben

   On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Stefan Salewski
   <[1]mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     Am Sonntag, den 09.11.2008, 11:25 -0200 schrieb Raphael Derosso
     Pereira:

   > Hello,
   >    I have been using KiCAD schematics, but want to try gEDA. Is
   there a
   >    convertion tool I can use so I don't need to restart everything
   from
   >    begging?
   >    Regards,
   >    --

     Sorry, I don't know something about such a tool. I think it would
     be
     only really useful if it works nearly perfect, and if you have a
     lot of
     schematics, symbols and footprint to convert.
     But I would be interested to hear something new about KiCAD.
     I am happy with gEDA and have no plans to change to KiCAD (and no
     time
     to investigate KiCAD), but I think ignoring other free EDA tools in
     no
     good idea.
     Here in germany more people seem to use KiCAD than gEDA. The main
     reason
     seems to be that KiCAD has a more "shiny" look, and user interface
     is
     more windows/eagle like.
     Can you tell something about KiCAD and your motivation to
     investigate
     gEDA?
     Best regards
     Stefan Salewski