Re: gEDA-user: Convert lib from KiCAD

Am Sonntag, den 09.11.2008, 11:25 -0200 schrieb Raphael Derosso Pereira:
> Hello,
>    I have been using KiCAD schematics, but want to try gEDA. Is there a
>    convertion tool I can use so I don't need to restart everything from
>    begging?
>    Regards,
>    --

Sorry, I don't know something about such a tool. I think it would be
only really useful if it works nearly perfect, and if you have a lot of
schematics, symbols and footprint to convert.

But I would be interested to hear something new about KiCAD.
I am happy with gEDA and have no plans to change to KiCAD (and no time
to investigate KiCAD), but I think ignoring other free EDA tools in no
good idea.

Here in germany more people seem to use KiCAD than gEDA. The main reason
seems to be that KiCAD has a more "shiny" look, and user interface is
more windows/eagle like.

Can you tell something about KiCAD and your motivation to investigate
gEDA?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski