Re: gEDA-user: powermeter board, with less ground planes :-)

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Just imagine, now you can telnet into your power meter way out there
>> from uncle Leroy's cabin or from Hawaii.
>
> I'm not sure how much smarts I can put in an R8C/20.  The biggest
> available one has 64k of flash and 3k of RAM.  I was thinking of using
> just UDP - that gives me DHCP, sNTP, and a way to send back
> measurements.
>
> OTOH if a tiny TCP fits, perhaps with a tiny RTOS, I can use the same
> code for talking over TCP as for talking over USB.  I'll need a way of
> storing calibration data anyway.
>
> It would offer symmetry, though.  I can ssh into my furnace already.

RTOS? Wow. The way this project goes, pretty soon you'll have a 16M
flash card on there and the power meter shows up as a major web site,
projecting out weather patterns from your power usage and all that ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/