Re: gEDA-user: OT: Mailinglist, often I get same text twice

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think there is something configured wrong -- with this mailinglist,
> with my email provider or with my email program evolution?
>
> Problem:
>
> Often in mails from this list same text is included twice, see example
> sourcecode below. My first guess was that it is a problem of my email
> program, but it is really limited to this list. All other mail is
> correct.
>
> I don't know much about email configuration, so I would be happy to get
> some hints.

I didn't get any twice in this group but I did in a German NG recently
(up to four times). AFAIK there ain't much you can do other than install
some parser that catches this and deletes all local duplicates. It's
probably an issue with a news server. And they won't let you in there ;-)

In my cases the problem went away on its own after some time. Doesn't
work in all cases though. Ephraim Kishon tried that with a broken water
pipe but somehow that problem did not go away on its own ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/