Re: gEDA-user: OT: Mailinglist, often I get same text twice

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 12.11.2008, 13:51 -0500 schrieb Ethan Swint:
>> In Thunderbird, you can opt to send a message as HTML only, plain text
>> only, or both.  It could be that the sender's mail program sends both a
>> text and an HTML version, and the mailing list program automagically
>> converts the HTML portion to plain text and sends both pieces.
>>
>> -Ethan
>>

> Yes, this is an explanation.
> I know that some strange people send their email as html, but I never
> heard that they send same text twice.
>
> Joerg wrote:
>
>> I didn't get any twice in this group but I did in a German NG recently
>> (up to four times). AFAIK there ain't much you can do other than
>> install
>> some parser that catches this and deletes all local duplicates.
>
> Please note:
> I was not complaining about getting the same mail multiple times -- that
> happen from time to time, and may be a problem of routing.
>
> What I see is the same text two times in one mail -- and that makes
> reading a bit confusing (and is some waste of bandwidth too).

Hmm, I never had that happen. That seems like a local problem on the PC.

I was just going to say it could also be caused by Doppelbock Beer but I
decided not to ... :-)

Last time I had a major amount of young wine (Federweisse in Germany) as
a student I noticed that text didn't only appear double but also slowly
began to rotate. Shortly after I needed to see the restroom, and fast.

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.