Re: gEDA-user: OT: Mailinglist, often I get same text twice

Am Mittwoch, den 12.11.2008, 13:51 -0500 schrieb Ethan Swint:
> In Thunderbird, you can opt to send a message as HTML only, plain text
> only, or both.  It could be that the sender's mail program sends both a
> text and an HTML version, and the mailing list program automagically
> converts the HTML portion to plain text and sends both pieces.
>
> -Ethan

Yes, this is an explanation.
I know that some strange people send their email as html, but I never
heard that they send same text twice.

Joerg wrote:

>I didn't get any twice in this group but I did in a German NG recently
>(up to four times). AFAIK there ain't much you can do other than
>install
>some parser that catches this and deletes all local duplicates.

Please note:
I was not complaining about getting the same mail multiple times -- that
happen from time to time, and may be a problem of routing.

What I see is the same text two times in one mail -- and that makes
reading a bit confusing (and is some waste of bandwidth too).

Best regards

Stefan Salewski