gEDA-user: Rect tool (Copper pour) with clearance around traces?

Hello,
My goal is to take existing traces and fill the surrounding area with
copper without having the copper touch the existing traces (i.e. having
some clearance). I would like this copper to be attached to ground.
I've been trying to use the rect tool, but it is not working the way I
was hoping it would because  the rect tool over an area covers over the
traces and puts clearance only around the vias.

Advice?
Thanks,
Frank
--