gEDA-user: OT: D-sub pin-shorter / pin-breaker?

Hi,

This is off-topic, but the hardware hackerese on this list is
tremendous so maybe someone knows whether such a device exists.

I'm working on a project that cables several boxes together, which
signal each other using "dry contacts"; i.e. by closing or opening a
pair of wires.  The interconnect cables all use D-sub connectors (DB9,
DB15, and DB25).  The signal wires are always adjacent pairs;
i.e. pins 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, etc.

For testing, I need to inject some hardware faults of the kind where
such a pair of wires fails closed or fails open.  I am looking for a
little device that has, say, a DB15 male on one end and a DB15 female
on the other normally connected straight through.  I imagine also a
set of switches (or jumpers) that will allow me to inject faults of
two kinds: break the connection of any wire (fail open) or short any
two adjacent wires (fail closed).

I'm thinking of something like [1] but with switches; and I need one
for DB9 and DB15, too.

Thanks for reading this far,
-Steve

[1] http://www.national-tech.com/specs/db25-tester/31d3-44200.htm