Re: gEDA-user: powermeter board, with less ground planes :-)

I can't speak about all regions of the country let alone the world.....
but yes ask ask ask.... why do you do that .... if you use that tool
what are the requirements....

I did ask today, uhm looking at DJ's clock ok yesterday. The assembly
shop had a tool that would look around under the bga... what clearances
does that tool require? (they fessed up to breaking a few probes early
on) how tightly can I pack devices? does putting smt caps under a bga
degrade the xray imaging? We as engineers need to understand these issue
from a manufacturability view point. We as geda need to understand these
issues so that our tools can be developed to meet the requirements of
manufacturers. And our tools need to be very very very extensible so
that we can describe every thing from a high school science project to a
5 mill pitch flip chip on a flex circuit (rotated 0.63 radians).