Re: gEDA-user: powermeter board, with less ground planes :-)

Steve Meier wrote:

[...]

> I did ask today, uhm looking at DJ's clock ok yesterday. The assembly
> shop had a tool that would look around under the bga... what clearances
> does that tool require? (they fessed up to breaking a few probes early
> on) how tightly can I pack devices? does putting smt caps under a bga
> degrade the xray imaging? ...

Ok, forgot one thing: If there is a chance to avoid BGA, do so. Else
you've designed yourself into a corner where only the upper echelon of
assemblers can be use, meaning more $$$.

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/