Re: gEDA-user: Newbie - no symbols - HELP!

Dave wrote:
> I just installed gEDA for the first time and I can't pull down any
> component  symbols (other than an empty title block).   All of the
> library names are in the dropdown box, but there are none shown in the
> preview box.  Can't pull up any components at all.   When program
> starts, I get the following "Status" box:
>
> Did not find optional ~/.gEDA/gafrc file [/home/dave/.gEDA/gafrc]
> Did not find optional local gafrc file [/home/dave/gafrc]
> Read system-gschemrc file [/etc/gEDA/system-gschemrc]
> Did not find optional ~/.gEDA/gschemrc file [/home/dave/.gEDA/gschemrc]
> Did not find optional local gschemrc file [/home/dave/gschemrc]
> Read init scm file [/usr/share/gEDA/scheme/gschem.scm]
> New file [/home/dave/untitled_1.sch]

Seems kind of "normal", I have that happen as well.

> Found a posting under gEDA on how to add a file for gafrc, but, frankly,
> I don't understand the instructions on how to create the file, and how
> to populate it.
>
> I installed gEDA thru Synaptic, and thru apt-get (after removing first
> installation instance).  No help, same problem both times.
>
> Any idea on what I can do?

Yep: Click on them thar little arrows :-)

That turns the arrows downwards and then a whole slew of parts shows up
underneath each tab where you have clicked the arrows down. Scroll
slowly since the window is a bit small.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/