Re: gEDA-user: starpoints... how?

Am Mittwoch, den 19.11.2008, 20:35 +0100 schrieb Levente Kovacs:
> Hi,

> BTW. It would be nice to have a clean concept of starpoints in gEDA/PCB.

Yes.

I had the same problem. Have GND and AGND in schematic, and want to make
a connection at one point in layout. I tried to make a footprint with
two overlapping pads for this connection. I was not happy with this -- I
think the problem was that in pcb program then the nets are merged, so
it was impossible to see what was AGND and what GND.

My solution: I made two gschem symbols for a net connection, one open
and one closed, each with two pins. For these symbols I made a footprint
with two pads. Pads are not overlapping, so I have still AGND and GND
net in PCB. Drawback: Where I have used the closed symbol in schematic,
I have an open pad, which need a drop of solder to make it right.

My symbols and footprints are available at gedasymbols, I think called
SolderJumper.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski