Re: gEDA-user: pcb, how to remove mm garbage (very short lines)?

Am Mittwoch, den 19.11.2008, 21:00 +0200 schrieb Duncan Drennan:
> > The only way to "fix" this is to change to something other than
> > 1/100mil internal coordinates.
>
> Maybe more important is to figure out whether this needs to be fixed.

These garbage points and not properly joined lines are very ugly.
I think I would never buy/use a commercial software with such problems.
Of course for open source software this can be tolerate -- we have the
source, so we can fix it when we want.

These garbage points and not properly joined lines are indeed a problem
when lines are moved. Moving a diagonal line needs sometimes to move it
two or more sub-lines. Garbage points become visible when traces are
moved  -- this can result in randomly distributed copper points in the
finished layout.

Question is how large is the effort to solve this problem.
And question is if there are drawbacks, i.e. larger files for more
precision.

A fast workaround may be a cleaning action which removes these 0.01 mil
lines.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski