gEDA-user: pcb, how to remove mm garbage (very short lines)?

I think every pcb user who uses mm grid will know this:

Often straight line segments end (or maybe start) with very short lines,
nearly point shaped.

I think this is related to mm rounding issue -- I reported and
investigated similar bugs when connecting line segments with same
direction, see

http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Oct-2008/msg00218.html

These garbage does not hurt too much, it becomes only visible if traces
are moved or deleted. It may produce shortened nets, but I think chances
are not very high that this occur.

But I do not like garbage to much, so I always delete these line
fragments when I see some. I think this way I have to delete a few each
hour of using pcb.

My question: Is there a way to delete all of this garbage for a
(finished) layout? Maybe an action which selects all line segments
shorter than the grid unit?

After using pcb 20080202 (GTK) for more than hundred hours for the
current layout know, I think the mm issues are really the most important
bugs of this program. (If most of the footprints have mm grid, then it
is nearly impossible to use mil grid.) Fixing these mm rounding issues
may be difficult and a lot of work -- my guess is that pcb program was
designed for mil grid, and mm units are added later as a "fix". So
complete redesign of position storage and calculation may be needed.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski