Re: gEDA-user: pcb, how to remove mm garbage (very short lines)?

Am Mittwoch, den 19.11.2008, 14:54 +0200 schrieb Duncan Drennan:
> > After using pcb 20080202 (GTK) for more than hundred hours for the
> > current layout know, I think the mm issues are really the most important
> > bugs of this program. (If most of the footprints have mm grid, then it
> > is nearly impossible to use mil grid.) Fixing these mm rounding issues
> > may be difficult and a lot of work -- my guess is that pcb program was
> > designed for mil grid, and mm units are added later as a "fix". So
> > complete redesign of position storage and calculation may be needed.
>
> Stefan, I haven't really had problems using the mm grid, but maybe I
> don't understand what your issue is exactly. Is the problem the small
> trace that appears underneath a copper pad when you complete a line to
> a pad snap point?

No, it is not related to traces under pads.
I draw straight, connected  line segments (traces) with the line tool.
(With active mm grid, i.e. 0.25 mm grid size)
When I delete the traces or move them, then sometimes very short, nearly
point shaped garbage traces remain. (Its an very old bug, I have seen it
two years ago when I made my first board with pcb program.)

I can not believe that this happens only to me -- if this is really
unknown to other people I can made a layout with this garbage available.
Problem is that I can give no description how to produce this garbage --
it occurs. I will do some testing with mil grid and see if this problem
does not occur with that grid.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski