Re: gEDA-user: pcb: parameter escaping for commands

> The old parser supported constructs like "Display(Name)
> Display(Value)", invoking both functions in sequence. The new one
> stops after the first ")".

I suppose the parser can return a pointer to the "leftovers", and we
can have a new function that continues parsing until the string is
used up.  I suspect the command line --action-string and
--action-script may need this type of functionality.

> Well, it doesn't display any number or name (for pins). By luck, I
> now found out that both work only if the pointer is above the
> currently selected element - which is impossible if I use the menu.

To turn *on* the display, press the 'd' key over the element you're
interested in.  The menu option changes *which* string is displayed,
not *if* it's displayed.

Window->Pinout is supposed to ask you to click on an element, file a
bug (with which HID you're using) if it doesn't.

Shift-D over an element does work, though.