gEDA-user: More Beginner Questions

I am still working on my first project with the gEDA tools.

I think I have a good schematic. It is 14 pages long.

I used refdes_renum and the following command line:

refdes_renum --pgskip APRS-1.sch APRS-2.sch APRS-3.sch APRS-4.sch
APRS-5.sch APRS-6.sch APRS-7.sch APRS-8.sch APRS-9.sch APRS-10.sch
APRS-11.sch APRS-12.sch APRS-13.sch APRS-14.sch APRS-15.sch APRS-16.sch

First question. Why can't this program use the project file which has
all of the files listed in the schematic?

My project file:

schematics APRS-1.sch APRS-2.sch APRS-3.sch APRS-4.sch APRS-5.sch
APRS-6.sch APRS-7.sch APRS-8.sch APRS-9.sch APRS-10.sch APRS-11.sch
APRS-12.sch APRS-13.sch APRS-14.sch
output-name APRS
m4-pcbdir /usr/share/pcb/m4

Second question.

Why did some reference designators not get renumbered? On one page The
resistors, inductors, IC got renumbered, but the capacitors wigged out.
It was on the second page so all capacitors should have started at C201.
Some stayed at their old numbers like C66, C68, and one had 200 added to
it (C267). There were only 12 capacitors on the page, so I was able to
hand fix them. It looks like only one other page had a problem with a
couple of items. The rest worked like expected.

Third question.

I want to check and edit my attributes. I can't find out how to run the
gEDA/gaf utility “gattrib”.

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-attribs gives a screen shot but not a
command line example.

http://geda.seul.org/tools/gattrib/index.html also talks about it but
does not give a command line example.

Neither one of these pages give me a link to documentation.

Do I have to do one page at a time or can I load the whole 14 pages at
once? I would prefer all 14 pages at once so I can make sure all of my
0.1 Capacitors are exactly the same across all pages.

I went to the search function on the web page and the second item on the
search was the readme file, that answered my question. I can use gattrib
APRS-*.sch on the command line.

Is there more documentation on gattrib?

Kip

--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."