Re: gEDA-user: PCB, I lost my layer colors

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>:
* Subject: Re: gEDA-dev: gEDA-cvs: pcb.git: branch: master updated
>> commit 149ff2e16560e85e2f060c89020da121eb83f1b6
>> Author: Ineiev <ineiev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Commit: DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>     add attributes to layers
>>
>>     Fix memory leaks of attributes

May I humbly beg to CC such messages to gEDA-user?
you see, I'm too nasty person to be subscribed to gEDA-dev
and I usually don't read the archives;
it is mere occasion that I read this message
(I was curious about when pcb-20091101 is coming).

> PLEASE don't commit multiple fixes like this in the same patch.
>
> The finer grained our commits, the easier it is to use git bisect to
> track regressions and bug fixes.

This is true, the proper way was to fix the leaks in one patch
and introduce layer attributes in a subsequent one;
however, DJ asked about single patch,
and I didn't want to add _buggy_ support for layer attributes;
nonetheless, I explained how to get even that buggy support.

Also, I'm sure if someone had suggested splitting the patch in this thread,
the desired result would follow in few hours if not less.

Thanks and most sincere apologises,
Ineiev