Re: gEDA-user: Ubuntu package for 1.6 and footprints

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 17:04 +0000, Kelvin Gardiner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at geda as a replacment to Eagle, as I want to use a
> fully open source tools flow. I've got a couple of questions I hope you
> guys can answer.
>
> I use Ubuntu which has gschem 1.4. So I've downloaded the newest code
> with git and compiled it. Given that there seems to be quite few changes
> is there any plans to build a 1.6 Ubuntu package either for relase in
> the Ubuntu repos or via a PPA.

There is this one of mine.. although you will need a "dist-upgrade" to
persuade it to install. (It needs to remove the old libgeda package and
anything it depends upon before installing - that is probably a
packaging bug)

https://launchpad.net/~pcjc2/+archive/ppa

Best wishes,

Peter C.