Re: gEDA-user: pcb-20091103

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Ineiev wrote:
> Following http://www.gnu.org/server/fsf-html-style-sheet.html,
> I think that it is wise to offer a document in as many formats as supported.
> even when running a desktop with XWindow system I typically
> prefer documentation in text format, and I could explain why.
>
> You are free to decide whether users of your GNU/Linux distribution will
> benefit from including or removing documentation in particular formats,
> but I believe the OS-neutral tarball should include and install all of them.

Ok, I prefer to dump a pcb-doc package then. The thing is I have been
receiving a lot of "complains" from people have a slow internet
connection that FEL is way too big to download. So I think I'll trade
it with a subpackage.

> BTW, what packagers from different distros are going to do with this NEWS
> entry?:
> - [docs]    Add getting started guide

I like it as it will help me spin off a major release notes for FEL-13
based on it.
e.g for FEL-12 http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/papers/FEL12ReleaseNotes.pdf

Chitlesh