Re: gEDA-user: pcb-20091103 for Gentoo, working on ebuild

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 13:48 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> > > Does debug option work for other people? Or should we never use it?
>
> I've had trouble with the "debug" option before, but it is probably
> telling us something useful.
>
> Your board works fine without the debug option, right?

Yes, seems to work all fine. But I like to be more sure that all works
fine.

> Anyway.. pasting the "Line[...]" output into a new PCB file has given me
> a hint as to the issue, it is a polygon representation of a line being
> cleared into another polygon.
>

> PS.. for production builds, don't use the debug option.. it will slow
> PCB down quite a bit.

Sure -- for binary distributions. For Gentoo debug or not debug is only
a USEFLAG decision at install time:

AMD64-X2 stefan # USE="debug" emerge -av pcb # for testing

AMD64-X2 stefan # emerge -av pcb # for working

Best regards

Stefan