Re: gEDA-user: gEDA and pcb status and minigration from Eagle

Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How mature and stable are the suite yet ?
> Can it be really considered for serious work ?

I have designed and built an SDSL physical layer interface board using
this suite, a board which one of the gEDA developers (Peter C) has
remarked upon as being quite complex.  That board is an open source
hardware project which you can see here:

http://ifctfvax.Harhan.ORG/OpenSDSL/OSDCU/

That board project started with me drawing my initial schematics in
gschem, then about halfway through the project I had converted to uschem
(my own fork of gschem that has no GUI, command line only to generate
PostScript schematics, netlists and BOM information) and finally the
layout part was done in PCB by Ineiev who is on this list.

I have also heard that many other users of these tools have used them to
create serious work that is quite a bit more impressive than mine.

MS