Re: gEDA-user: gEDA-dev: Arc intersection connectivity bug

On 11/14/09, Ineiev <ineiev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/13/09, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 20:33 +0000, Ineiev wrote:
>>> On 11/13/09, Ineiev <ineiev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Next versions: fixed signs of second atan2 arguments; no DRC errors on
>>> whole teardropped OSDCU board.
>>
>> Shall I push this then?
>
> Certainly, not (yet).
>
>> Something I find hard when people post patches to the email lists, is
>> knowing when they are declared "ready", "tested" etc..
>
> I'm inexpressibly happy this is not my problem.
>
>> I guess you've tested the corner cases of two arcs which _should_ touch?
>
> I think I'll run some tests today.

So I built a montecarlo; fixed some ugly unrealistic
cases like thin arc merged in bloat and arc->Delta<-360;
run the program (aat.c) several hours on different
machines including ifctfvax.Harhan.ORG and gcc55.fsffrance.org;
that discovered no errors, though the number of points was not
very high (a thousand or slightly more): the reference functions
are really slow.

That resulted in arc.bis.patch. I tested it also with already
mentioned teardropped OSDCU.pcb and t1.pcb.

And n2.pcb is a little modest present for those developers who
are curious about segmentation faults concerned with polygons:
just a ring, an arc and a tetragon produce segmentation faults
on loading PCB (24669073abf8a2ebc52d4644e3da4a9d3401d4b5).

Any ideas?
Ineiev