gEDA-user: powermeter results!

Took the time to write a script to tally up usage for a whole month,
corresponding to the meter read dates.  Without real calibration, I
was under by about 12% but it's close enough to get interesting data.
I've got a kill-a-watt meter showing up on Tuesday so maybe I'll
calibrate it more accurately.

No surprise, computers and related electronics accounted for a third
of my electric bill.  I'm working on that, but that's the "cost of
doing business".

A quarter of the bill went to "appliances" - fridge, freezer,
washer/dryer, microwave, oven, TV.  The fridge is getting replaced
next time it breaks - no sense replacing a working fridge, but not
worth repairing at $21/month!  Laundry only costs $13/month for a
family of four.

Lights and random outlets each were each another eighth, followed by
heating/cooling, utilities (water/septic), and power tools for the
remaining sixth.