Re: gEDA-user: powermeter results!

> and you are not frighten to run Linux,

Heh.  No, I'm not :-)

> a) just buy a bigger machine and use virtualisation technologies like XEN,
> Virtualbox, VMWare, etc.

For security reasons, I'd rather not combine my public-facing server
with my internal file server.  For performance reasons, the chess
server has its own fast dual-cpu box.

> b) get some of this little ARM based boards or Atom based boards to replace

I've already got an Atom box sitting in my office waiting for time to
swap it in, replacing my oldest server.

> c) Computers which does not need to run 24/7 but always on because of the
> discomfort to shut them down and power them up will benefit greatly from wake-
> on-lan and wake-up-timers (mostly found in bios settings).

I have WOL configured for my work machine, but the other 24/7 machines
really need to be on 24/7.