Re: gEDA-user: powermeter results!

DJ Delorie wrote:
> No surprise, computers and related electronics accounted for a third
> of my electric bill.  I'm working on that, but that's the "cost of
> doing business".

Are the always on computers close together?  As they deserve it, you could replace ordinary computers with ones that
run on a DC bus, allowing them to be fanless mostly, and make/buy an efficient power supply for the DC bus voltage.

Then you could integrate the DC bus power supply into your HVAC control system so it exchanges heat with outside
or ground temp in summer and adds to building heat in winter.

John

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX