gEDA-user: "rotatable curvy traces" in pcb

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> What if a plugin created line segments to approximate ellipses and splines?
>
> PCBs plugin structure doesn't allow for adding tools or object types,
> just actions and hids.

OK.  Actions can create lines can't they?  If so, maybe a plugin is a way
to get many little line segments that can be DRC'd well as is, and with less
special case geometry math compared to building it in.

Peter C. was musing about how the way data is handled in pcb is already
turning a smooth analytic curve into PWL segments, so I'm musing about
practical approaches to adding "rotatable curvy traces", (not lines).

I'd like to know if the plugin method can create a trace segment
that will DRC to be a connected gnetlistable trace as is.  IOW is there an action command
to create a line segment?

Could be useful for RF work, antennas and such.

John