Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 08:24 -0600, Bill Gatliff wrote:
> Would it make any sense to attempt to use Dia as an alternative gschem?

I had this strange idea in my head too, about one year ago I think...
I think it was the time when John Luciani created a few fancy filled
symbols for publications.

My main point was reuse of existing resources. Implementing schematics
and layout tool on top of an existing fine, not bloat graphics tool may
not really be too bad idea. But original authors will not like that the
old tools become obsolete. I have no idea which tool could be the parent
of schematics and layout tools. I do not know Dia. And of course it
would be very much work to integrate all the features for schematics and
layout in such a existing tool.