Re: gEDA-user: More strange ideas: Start PCB layout from symbols view

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:49:16 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> Clicking on a symbol (or selecting multiple identical) may pop
> up a selector box for footprint selection.

Sure. This is what every EDA suite I had the chance to have a look at,
does it. After all, the schematic provides an intuitive view on the
project. It's time the geda suite joins the crowd and aids the user with
the decision for a footprint.

But wait --- This would put pcb a an advantage compared to other layout
tools in gschem. A major infringement of the no-preferred-work-flow
dogma! A deviation of the right way!

<ducks-for-cover>

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211