Re: gEDA-user: PCB: AutoRouter

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 07:13 +0000, Ineiev wrote:
> On 11/27/09, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > OK, --enable-toporouter-output is for debugging.
> >
> > But for PCB20091103 I do see no difference if built with
> > --enable-toporouter-output or --disable-toporouter-output.
>
> The last time I tried it, the toporouter action resulted in some PNG files.

Oh -- I have seen no PNG files in my working directory, but I will
check /tmp.

> > I have checked with GTK and Lesstif GUI and tut1.pcb -- final routing
> > result is fine when traces are copied back to pcb program.
>
> Could you please elaborate on this (I mean sequence of the user's actions).
> I have never been skillful enouth to get something like you mention.

All my knowledge is from this list: toporouter works more or less fine
with boards with no existing traces. So I used tut1.pcb, deleted all
existing traces and polygons (all in top and bottom layer), pressed key
"O" to optimize rats nest and :toporouter(). Toporouter uses the active
layers for traces, so I deactivate layers called "unused" before.
Generally in less than one minute toporoter is finished and traces are
drawn in PCB board.

> > Or only if --enable-debug is set at the same time?
> > It there only a visible effect of --enable-toporouter-output for the
> > experimental OpenGL branch?
> > Or only if --enable-debug is set at the same time?
>
> All three should work independently.

OK, thanks.