Re: gEDA-user: Reducing the amount of jumpers

On 29/11/09 02:22, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Er, how are you planning on making *any* board at home, without a
> laser printer?
>
> For two layer, just do whatever you do for one layer, but on both
> sides.  Pre-drill a couple of holes to help you line up the two sides.

> Since I'm hand-fabbing this and will probably be drawing the lines with a permanent marker, all traces should be at least 35 mil wide and have a clearance of 25 mil or greater.
I've used that method before; it's a bit ugly, but it works - for very
simple boards, anyway. The way I do it is I print out the layout using
my good ol' Inkjet, tightly tape the sheet of paper to the board, and
drill the holes first. Once all the holes are in place, I meticulously
draw all lines as they appear on the paper, using a set square to
measure the lengths and angles. Stone-age technology, I know. I really
should get a laser printer, but I'm a bit shy on lolly - and space near
my 'puter, for that matter.

The 2-layer boards using through-hole wire jumpers sound promising. I'll
start redesigning for 2-layer boards, then. :)