Re: gEDA-user: How do I really design footprint with pcb?

   > From: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   > To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 01:26:01 +0100
   > Subject: Re: gEDA-user: How do I really design footprint with pcb?
   >
   > On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 22:12 +0200, Hannu Vuolasaho wrote:
   > > Hi!
   > > I got one module from my friend (his design) which has about 50
   > > connectors which can be then soldered to SMD pads. Usually I do
   this by
   > > starting from ready symbol and tweking it with emacs.
   >
   > Sorry, I have no idea about your intention. Maybe DJ has, I have seen
   he
   > has responded already. Maybe you can make a picture? If making
   > footprints is your problem: For that we have many helpful tools.
   Well.  DJ has been my hero about fifteen years. Without him I wouldn't
   be so good with C and C++, thanks for DJGPP. :D
   I try manage with his tutorial and the one I found already.
   We have a prototype. It is build of four PCBs and three pices of
   plastic. Milld and stacked together. The PCB on the bottom is milled
   and has these pads that we hopefully are able to solder with reflow
   process. Now as we don't really have space. The pins comes whereever
   there is space. This results funny things like transistors legs reating
   a smiley face and they are totally out of order.
   I was wondering about the referense cross. Like if it was some kind of
   special symbol or something.
   As I said I haven't drawn footprints. Usualy I just take something that
   looks like little similar and copy and edit it with editor. And as soon
   I've set the pads in position and some kind of symbol, I'll read the
   symbol through again...
   --
   Hannu Vuolasaho