Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL Testers (please test)

Peter TB Brett wrote:

> Kai-Martin, could you please try:
>
>   git clone git://repo.or.cz/geda-pcb/pcjc2.git
>   cd pcjc2
>   git checkout -t origin/local_customisation_no_pours
>
> to get your source tree?

I just did and there is a difference - unfortunately in the wrong direction.
Here are the results for Richards layout on the machine at work:

pcb-head: 8.8 FPS
pcb-before-pours: 8.1 FPS
pcb-test: 4.3 FPS  ("wrong" check-out)
pcb-test2: 0.4 FPS (the check-out above)

Yes, the decimal is correct. The test yielded a glacially slow GUI. I hardly
got to see the cross hair when moving the mouse, because of the lag.

Results for my pidpeltier layout are similar:
pcb-head: 14 FPS
pcb-before-pours: 20 FPS
pcb-test: 13.7 FPS  ("wrong" check-out)
pcb-test2: 3.1 FPS (the check-out above)

I'll try the suggested patches later today. Some "real" work needs to be
done now...

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211