Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL Testers (please test)

Peter Clifton wrote:

>> pcb-head: 8.8 FPS
>> pcb-before-pours: 8.1 FPS
>> pcb-test: 4.3 FPS  ("wrong" check-out)
>> pcb-test2: 0.4 FPS (the check-out above)
>
>> Yes, the decimal is correct. The test yielded a glacially slow GUI.
>> I hardly got to see the cross hair when moving the mouse, because
>> of the lag.
>
> That is the same order of magnitude with VBOs enabled on my NVidia card.

Ok, I set buffer->local to true. Now, the benchmark reads 7.5. Looks like
the VBO thing was indeed the bottle neck. Still, the before pours version
is faster than the current test.

Why does Richard see such a boost while I get a moderate slow down? We both
run AMD processors and nvidia cards. Mine is a bit dated. So it needs the
"legacy driver" from nvidia. nouveau is said to have made impressive
progress recently. Maybe, I should give this driver a try...

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211