Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL Testers (please test)

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> Why does Richard see such a boost while I get a moderate slow down?
> We both run AMD processors and nvidia cards. Mine is a bit dated.
> So it needs the  "legacy driver" from nvidia. nouveau is said to
> have made impressive progress recently. Maybe, I should give this
> driver a try...

Unfortunately, nouveau does not support this particular nvidia chip at
all (NV37G).

All of the above applied to my hardware at work. Now I tried the same
at home -- correct git download, "buffer->local = true". Et voila, the
mileage increased significantly:
My pidpeltier board offers 58 FPS and Richards heavy lifting achieves
35 FPS. This is not quite his benchmark value. But it is a dramatic
increase compared to pcb-head, or pcb-before-pours :-)

 ---<)kaimartin(>---

--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: