Re: gEDA-user: Enhancements for gEDA/pcb G-code export

Hello,
here my comments about the patches:

1-HID-gcode: let the system library allocate the temporary file.
The intermediate png file is necessary to check if the enlarged tracks
touch and cannot be milled.

5-HID-gcode: add a flag wether to produce advanced G-code.
please enable advanced gcode by default

16-HID-gcode: sort drills not only by distance, but also by diameter.
  drill = sort_drill_distance (drill, n_drill);
  qsort (drill, n_drill, sizeof (struct drill_struct),
           compare_drill_diameter);
this breaks the path minimization algorithm: as already said
sort_drill_distance HAS to be the last sort otherwise it doesn't have any
effect; if you want to sort by diameter (which by the way is of no use without
a tool changer command or a pause between different diameters) create a list
for each diameter and use sort_drill_distance on all of them. Sort by diameter
should be enabled by a flag.
This is the third time I explain this so I'm starting have a doubt:
am I not explaining well enough or are you not reading my comments?

19-HID-gcode: fetch the board's extents from the outline layer, if possible.
what is this for? How is this better than the following?
PCB->MaxWidth / pcb_unit;
PCB->MaxHeight / pcb_unit;

21-HID-gcode: simplify and increase accuracy of a conversion a bit.
How is this working?
(pcb * gcode_dpi) / pcb_unit;
vs.
((double)(pcb * gcode_dpi) + 0.5) / pcb_unit;