Re: gEDA-user: icarus, fork, and recursive tasks

> Just boot the FPGA from the processor.  That's what I always do.

I did that on my last FPGA design.  Wanted an excuse to play with the
3AN :-)

> When I have a processor, that is.  The only overhead is the four
> GPIO pins attached to the FPGA JTAG, and those can be put to good
> use after booting as well.

I used the SPI pins, just streamed the bitstream at full speed.  The
RX board uses jtag, so I have to convert the bitstream to XSVF and
play it into the chip, but I don't have to include that code (or
bitstream) in any normal apps.