Re: gEDA-user: gRX OS board

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 05:05:37PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> For my second RX project, I was thinking of a board with an ethernet
> switch chip (the RX has MII)

Broadcom makes some really nice, fully integrated switch chips which
would be perfect for this application.  You can (optionally) hang off
the slow speed "admin" port and divert packets there for fancy stuff.
The switch itself is almost fully automated, including configuring phys
and implementing all kinds of policies (like VLAN) with only SPI config.
Unfortunately I doubt a one-man shop can get the time of day from BCM
and they keep their docs locked up like a virgin princess.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>