Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL+3D Packages??

> 1. Does anyone care about seeing this land in PCB?

Yes :-)

> 2. Will anyone bother to make 3D models for packages?

Figure out how to import them from kicad or eagle.  Kicad's format
should be available :-)

> 3. What format would people like to make models in?

STEP is preferred, I suppose, but let's look into a shared-object
style interface, so if you can't find a model for FOO you can load a
.so that searches for some way of modelling FOO (or models it
directly).  Maybe it reads a text file with (regex,plugin) pairs and
chains?

It would be sweet if we could import a range of 3-D models, *and*
dynamically generate some on the fly as well.