Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL+3D Packages??

On 11/15/2010 03:24 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
However, OpenSCAD seems to have some (user) momentum in the MakerBot&
>  Thingieverse culture, and the OpenSCAD code resembles to be a small subset
>  of the C programming language.
Interesting.

>  At least one nifty thing OpenSCAD can do is extrude a geometry defined in a
>  2D DXF-file (made with QCAD for instance), this would allow for arbitrary
>  shaped boards.
Nice.

HeeksCAD can do both those things and has python interface instead of a "subset"
script language (another new language)...or it has a GUI to make sketches (2D outlines)
from faces of solid primitives or from complex booleans of solids.

 Thingieverse culture is about quick easy copying mostly, not very good for revising designs.
They mostly use STL.  Reprap is the group that's been promoting openscad lately.

I prefer HeeksCAD for the python interface.  I'm adding a feature to that python interface today,
and I was a newbie to HeeksCAD three weeks ago.

JG