Re: gEDA-user: New branch of PCB

On 11/15/2010 09:24 PM, Stephen Ecob wrote:
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak
<knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Stephen Ecob wrote:

Motivation
Having laid out a couple of boards with PCB 20091103 I became aware of
some bugs in the autorouter that made the job difficult:

Are you talking about the default auto router. Or is this about the shiny,
new "toporouter"?

I'm talking about the default auto router.

Oh, that's a pity. But are there any common parts of source code which both routers share? I mean - if you fix some bug in default auto router, will that fix the same bug in toporouter?

I suppose that if Anthony Blake finishes his toporouter someday, all effort for improvement the default autorouter may be pointless. Toporouter's algorithm is really better, but there are "failed asserts" sometimes.

Jan Martinek