Re: gEDA-user: New branch of PCB

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:09:34 +0900
timecop <timecop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With TopoR having a freeware version for 2 layers and up to 256 nets
> (or some other fairly high for 'hobby' use limitation), there's not
> really any point on bothering improving built in autorouter...
> Does PCB have Specctra DSN/SES export/import? Just use that (or
> implement if it doesn't) and then use any of the autorouters that
> work.

This so-called "freeware" program TopoR, sounds like a closed-source
and non-free application that has no business being part of the gEDA
development process, but then again I may be misinformed.  If I wanted
to use non-free software, I would use Eagle or some other low cost
proprietary solution.

Regards,
Colin